Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Settling In

Well, we have officially been in Chicago for one month! I cannot believe it has already been one month! We have finally gotten settled in...I will post pictures in the next post, after I have cleaned our place (for those of you who know me, know that my place is almost ALWAYS clean and organized, but right now it is not so tidy...eek!). In the month that we have been here, Matt's parents came to visit and my mom came in town too. It is always great to have people come and visit and to see a familiar face; however, we have been making some new friends as well through Booth Business School (where Matt will be attending) and through Junior League of Chicago, which just started for me.

When Matt's parents were here we took the Wendella river and boat architecture tour. For any of you who plan on visiting Chicago this is a MUST do! It was so neat to see the city from the water. While we were on the boat we also got to watch the water and air show (another Chicago must see, but it is only one time a year). It is AMAZING!!

Below is the Trump Tower - the second tallest building in the city behind the Sears Tower. The Sears Tower is somewhere else we want to go, but we have not done it yet.


View of the city from the lake. When we were on the boat, we saw our building. We are the building in the middle 28 Floors Up.
After taking the tour, we were walking through the city and I discovered the Marilyn Monroe statue. This is the tackiest thing I think I have ever seen....I mean, SERIOUSLY????!!!! That is all I have to say about this monstrosity.


While his folks were here we also went to a Cubs game. Wrigley Field is the most precious field I have ever seen. It is so quaint and small. They also have seats that sit on top of bars/restaurants where you can watch the game. Those seats are not physically in the stadium but they have a view into the stadium so they can watch the game. It was SO neat! You can see them in the distance in the picture below.

Other than sight seeing we have been getting settled in and had the chance to hit some alumni bars for the opening weekend of college football!!! I was so excited; it is only the best weekend behind Christmas;) We watched LSU beat Oregon, which was just amazing, and we had the privilege of cheering on our alma mater, the SMU ponies, as they got creamed by the Ags. NBD...
We are really loving the city (well at least for now... we may think differently in January;) and spending time with new friends.

XOXO,

Tiff


No comments:

Post a Comment