Thursday, September 8, 2011

Self Pity No More

Have you ever felt like God just seriously slapped you upside the head...metaphorically of course, but don't doubt him...I am sure he could do it physically if he wanted to! Well, that is exactly what happened to me the other day. We moved here a month ago and I am sure as most of you know, I was quite reluctant to go. Of course, I knew I had to go because I love and support my husband, but to me it just seemed like poor timing. I just finished my masters and we were settling into a house...(living the good life). Well, we moved here and thing after thing happened and I continued to feel more and more like it was not the 'right move.' Currently, I do not have a job (bored out of my mind...my ADD self CANNOT handle it), I really do not have anything other to do than shop...which I can't do (you know...the no money thing), and in general I have just been feeling sorry for myself.

Well, the other morning I woke up to this email from the Daily Bible Verse:

"Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” – James 4:13-15 (NIV)

Can you say...WOW! Yeah, my thoughts exactly! Since reading this, I have just had to constantly remind myself that it is NOT my will. We are here for a reason and while it may not seem 'right' to me right now, it is RIGHT! So with that, unempolyed or not; bored or not, I am going to live in the Lord's will. I am not saying that I miraculously feel better, I am only human, but I do LOVE how we are "put in our place" from time to time and it makes us (me) realize what is really important!

XOXO,
Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment