Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011



December was filled with a jam-packed schedule, but I would not have had it any other way. Currently I work at Groupon, and Matt and I decided to attend the annual holiday party. This was NOT your typical holiday party, it felt much more like a concert. There must have been 1500 people there! Seriously, it was one of the more...no MOST, intense holiday parties I have ever been to. If there is one thing I have learned while working at Groupon, it is that they really like to party.


We also decided to celebrate Matt being done with his first semester at business school by going to dinner at Spiaggia. It was really nice just to sit down and talk, because I literally did not see him for 2 weeks because he was studying so much. I know that school has been really hard for him and it is easy for him to doubt himself, but I just have to remind him that this is God's plan for us and that it will pay off in the long run.


On the 21st, we made the 14 and a half hour drive to Dallas from Chicago. We wanted to bring both of our dogs, but since our Lab cannot fly due to the temperatures on the ground, we had to drive. It really is not that bad at all. It was SO nice being home for that long. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at my husband's house and then went to Sugar Land that night. We were so blessed with many gifts this year, but honestly just being at home was the biggest blessing this year! This year was also really special because my parents just finished building their house and we ALL slept their that night and had our first Christmas together in the new house. During our stay, I got to see some of my best girls friends in Dallas, see two new sweet additions (Aubrey and Barrett - both babies were just precious) and see Emily before she becomes Mrs. Davis. On the 1st, we headed back to Chicago. It was sad to go, but I will be back in 2 weeks for my sister's bid day at SMU, so I can't really complain.

Matt and I on Christmas Eve. Since, we were at his parents, so someone had to carry on the tradition of Christmas Pjs since we were not in Sugar Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment