Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby S!

Well, it is official Matt and I are having a baby boy! We are thrilled beyond belief. Honestly, I just wanted a healthy baby and was perfectly fine waiting to hear the sex, but Matt wanted to know and since I was indifferent, we decided to find out. Now that we found out, I am so HAPPY that we did!! Matt is obviously thrilled it is a boy. Truthfully, he wanted a healthy baby and then a boy, because he felt like this would ensure us not having a house full of girls...! And if I am being quite honest, I do not blame him;)

We sent this pic to our family the morning we were going to find out the gender

This is the pic we sent them after we found out!
It all started back in September...Matt and I found out we were expecting and boy was it a surprise! Actually, I was at home in Sugar Land visiting my family for the week when we found out. I did not do anything special to tell Matt, because I was truly in shock! Matt had just started business school and we are only living on my income; AKA "living on love." So, I had a million thoughts going through my head, but ultimately knew that this was God's timing for us and that he was ready for us to bring a baby into the world.



We went to the Dr. when I was 9 weeks and they confirmed...YEP you are pregnant! We are due May 26th! We decided not to tell anyone except family until I was a little further along. This was great for us! We could share in our special news with just family and really cherish that time...I basically made my siblings and parents swear they would not tell anyone and ABSOLUTELY no FB. Actually, this was rather hard keeping it a secret, seeing as I had a bachelorette party to attend in NOLA and a wedding...it is a little tough to constantly fake drinking;)
15 Weeks

16 Weeks

17 Weeks

18/19 Weeks

20/21 Weeks

It has been such a fun journey so far (I know it will only get better) and I cannot wait to start the nursery, have showers, register, pick out names and finally meet our baby boy! We feel so blessed that God has given us a child and we constantly pray for his future and for God to give us the guidance and wisdom to raise our precious baby!



We can't wait to meet him in 19 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. SOoooo excited for you guys! Jerad and I are expecting too- we're not far apart. Today, we're 23 weeks, our due date is May 14th and we're having a little girl. Best of luck for a perfect pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete