Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Birthday Celebration

Happy New Year! I cannot believe it is 2012. Wow, it seems like just yesterday I was in high school;) Time sure does fly. Actually, if you told me I would be living in Chicago 10 years from now, I would have told you you were crazy. But nevertheless, we are here and it is 2012!! I have not decided on any resolutions, but I am sure that I could name at least 20 things that I would like to work on;)


On Dec. 20th, I turned 28 and my husband made sure it was extra special. Since we drove back to Dallas on the the 21st, we (he) decided we would celebrate the Saturday before. He had the whole day planned. I woke up to him making a southern style breakfast (chicken and waffles). Later, he took me to a place called Q. It is the equivalent to Tillman's, if you are from Dallas (an upscale bbq place). He was really trying to get the whole southern theme going since we no longer live in the south. After dinner, he took me to Second City. This is an old improv club that has found people like Jim Belushi, Chris Farley, Tina Fey, Steve Carroll and many more! It was HILARIOUS!!! If you are ever traveling this way, you must go!


On my actual birthday, I had to work, but came home to a dinner (my fav. salad from N9ne), presents and some cupcakes (from Magnolia Bakery; the place that is on Sex and The City). He really did spoil me this year, which was not needed, but obviously very appreciated! Thanks Matt for such an awesome birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment